I emailed this to Michigan’s two U.S. Senators, Stabenow (D) and Peters (R).
Please pass on to your peers in the Senate, this message from me:
I was issued an Employee Expectation Handbook where I work. I think most businesses have them. If I were to disregard even one expectation, knowingly and willingly, I would be summarily fired – and rightly so.
The U.S. Senate has an Employee Expectation Handbook; it’s call the Constitution of the United States of America. That is the Document all elected officials pledge to uphold and defend. Any elected official who knowingly and willfully disregards his or her clearly outlined duties to the Citizens of the USA, is guilty of violating the Constitution of the United States of America, and should be removed from office (summarily fired).
‘I can’t imagine that a Republican majority in the United States Senate would want to confirm, in a lame duck session, a nominee opposed by the National Rifle Association and the National Federation of Independent Businesses [NFIB].’
– U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
Question: When did the NRA and the NFIB take control of the Senate? When did these groups along with Grover Norquist usurp power within the Republican Party? The 2nd Amendment is vital to America and should be upheld, but what about the other 26 Amendments? The 2nd Amendment is 3.7% of all Amendments; what of the other 96.3%? Without a U.S. Supreme Court at full strength, those protections, along with others, are weakened.
Senator McConnell and the Republican Party have zero Constitutional, Legal or Historical precedent to choose to disobey the Constitution regarding their clearly outlined duties (Jobs). That Senator McConnell and the Republicans in the U.S. Senate are derelict in said duties is a sad commentary on their ethics and fidelity.
James A. Day